Monday, November 11, 2013

My Two Cents - Update November Mini Target Brush Haul

Good Afternoon Beauty Gems -

Hope you're having a fantabulous day!!!  How was your weekend??? Let me guess...wonderful but too short as always!  Look on the bright side...only 17 more days until Thanksgiving.  That's something to be thankful for already.  Anywho, just wanted to give a quick 411 update on the Sonia Kashuk brushes I purchased a week ago.   

Note: These are just my opinions based on my own personal experience using these products. I use this platform to share my feedback on products I use and to give readers more insight on different product options.

Here's my two cents:

Kashuk Tools Synthetic Crease Shadow BrushI really like this brush.  The synthetic fibers I love as they are easy to clean and great to work with.  Similar to my Bdellium blending brush, I'm able to easily blend colors into my crease.  The ergonomic handle makes it easy to apply product to the eyes (long enough to give you space to see where you're applying product; short enough to maintain accuracy with the looks you're creating). The handle is plastic with the dark green coating (Sonya Kashuk signature on the side of the brush). This brush retails for $10.79 online (the same or slightly higher in local Target stores; depending upon location)

Sonia Kashuk Tools No. 20 Large Doomed Eye Shadow Brush - Similar to the crease shadow brush, the fibers were very soft. Although, I don't think the brush fibers are synthetic.  I'm not 100% certain because I did not keep the brush that long.  The item description refers to this brush as being perfect for contouring.  However, this IS supposed to be an eye shadow brush, correct???? Just checking.  In my opinion, definitely not an eyeshadow brush.  I used the brush once and really disliked it.


First off, the brush is way too big to use on the eye.  Whether you have small or large eyes, it's size makes it impossible to use except for applying all-over color on the eye (which is what I did).  Other than that, the brush served no other use for me.



The worst part is that right after I used it, the brush began to shed. Note:  A little shedding here or there from any brush is not a deal breaker, sometimes that happens. However, most brushes rarely shed, if ever. When moving my fingertips across the brush, the bristles just seem to come off so easily.  A major red flag for me. This could have been one of those circumstances were I just received a bad brush.  Considering the fact that I wasn't thrilled with the size, it was a no-brainer for me...RETURN, RETURN, RETURN. This brush retails for $12.19 online (the same or slightly higher in local Target stores; depending upon location).



Final Thoughts - If you're looking to purchase a quality brush at a reasonable price, the crease shadow brush is a must!!  I'd also recommend this brush just to keep in rotation with your other tools.  It does an excellent job at blending. The soft fibers are gentle on the eye and the perfect size to create different looks.

As far as the large doomed shadow brush is concerned, definitely not for me.  I may have just brought a bad brush, the brush was just shedding way more than it should (at least for me to give the benefit of the doubt).  Also, the size of the brush was just WAY TOO BIG. I've seen other reviews and some feel this brush is more ideal for contouring.  From that perspective, I could agree that this might be a good option.  Overall, as an eyeshadow brush, this was a NOT A CHANCE for me.

My experience with Sonia Kashuk brushes have been pretty good overall.  Sonia Kashuk is a great option if you just aren't ready to make the leap to high-end brushes. Again, it's just one of those hit or miss deals.  The good news is that Target has a wonderful return policy....so you aren't stuck with keeping a brush that doesn't work for you.

Well that's it for my two cents.  Be sure to keep an eye out for holiday deals in the stores.  A great time to make large purchases for a discounted price. Also, be sure

Until next time....Happy Shopping!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment