Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday Bath & Body Works Kmart Haul

Good Morning Beauty Gems!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving or Hanukkah celebration. As much as I said to myself "Wait another week before you start your holiday shopping" just couldn't help myself.  Yesterday, I ventured out into the holiday crowds to browse around for great deals.  I wasn't disappointed.  Here's how my shopping adventure went:

Different to prior years, I did a in-store/online Black Friday shopping combo.  The great thing is alot of retailers were (and still are) offering the same deals offered in stores.  For example, I walked into an Old Navy store and was there for 5 minutes.  As expected, the lines stretched through half the store (and this was at 8:30 at night).  Old Navy is offering 50% Off everything in the store. Earlier yesterday, I'd already been browsing the site and realized the same deals were online.  I just decided to shop online later and venture elsewhere.
Next, I went into Bath and Body Works (B&BW).  There store was ALOT less crowded.  I was able to work my way through without crashing into someone every 5 seconds.  It was actually really nice.  I knew about B&BW's big sale AND here's what I got:
  • 3-Wick Candles 2 for $22 - The candles I purchased are not pictured but I included web links to everything. When I went into the store, the sales associates mentioned that if I purchased 3 of the 3-wick candles, they would only be $11 each (last night only).  I'm not sure if you go into the store today, if they'll honor that same price. However, it's definitely worth a try.  I picked up the following scents: Red Velvet Cupcake, Frosted Cranberry and Cinnamon Caramel Swirl.  Yes, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth.  As many of you may already know, B&BW candle scents are AMAZING. The 3-wick candles normally retail for $20 each.  Anytime you can take advantage of a major sale like this....you better stock up QUICK!!!!  
  • Mini Candles 3 for $10 - FYI...The mini candles make a great stocking stuffer.  To get 3 for $10..that's just a deal you can't pass up. I didn't pick up any of these but highly suggest if you're in the market for gifts.
  • Anti Bacterial Hand Soaps 5 for $15 or 6 for $20 -  I stocked up on these (through a separate online purchase) since it's been a while since I've purchased any.  Again, another great B&BW product to purchase at this STEAL of a price. They have a ton of great scents sure to please anyone in your life. 
Last but not least, my shopping spree ended with the best deal of all.  B&BW is offering a 2013 V.I.P. Bag (V.I.P.  in B&BW world stands for very impressive products, cute).  This bag normally retails for $104.00.  For the holiday shopping kick-off, B&BW is selling the bag for $20 (with a $40 purchase) while supplies last. WOW!!!!  Looks what's included:



Signature Collection
  • Forever Red Eau de Parfum (.25 fl oz)
  • Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion (8 fl oz)
  • Midnight Body Cream (8 oz)
Home Fragrance
  • Champagne Toast Mini Candle
Aromatherapy
  • Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Wash & Foam Bath (10 fl oz)
Anti-Bacterial 
  • Anti-Bacterial Fresh Sparkling Snow Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
All these beauties come in this adorable bag.  Yes, these are the things that make it hard to say NOOO!!!



I also picked up 2 replacement Wallflower units.  They were regular price.  B&BW also has the Wallflower refills on sale 4 for $20 or 6 for $24. To really tempt you, the associate provided me with ANOTHER coupon ($10 off my next purchase of $30 or more; valid through December 24th).  I already had another coupon I brought with me (same one) from a previous purchase about 2 weeks ago. 

My grand total for all of these items (minus my separate online purchase of hand soaps) was only $55. Now you tell me...could I really say NO to that???? Girl pleasseee, this beauty gem was ALL OVER IT!!!!  

I also went to K-Mart and just went to pick up socks...(I do love my warm and cozies this time of year). They're also having a great sale.  Many of the Joe Boxer pajamas, robes and socks are buy 1 get 1 free. I just picked up a 3-pack of socks ($8 but got 6 pairs for $8 - these are the really THICK ones).  

As I was headed to checkout, I noticed their candles were also on sale.  The Essential Home 10 oz. candles were only sale for $2.49 each; the 2.5 oz. candles were $.99 each...OMG!!!  I've never tried this brand but just was curious; could they be a possible dupe for BB&W 3-Wick?s??? The answer is no, however they ARE a great alternative.  They offer a great variety of scents (just not as large as B&BW brand) and they smell/burn pretty good. However, downside...the candle cover to the glass jar is plastic??/Really!!!!  Ugghhh, not a fan of that at all.  However, for the price, I'll deal with it.  The scents I picked up (pictured below): Spiced Apple, Black Cherry, Relaxing Seas, Cinnamon, Creamy Vanilla, Maple Sunrise and Pumpkin.


Besides, every gem should have a little product variety in her life....same as high-end and drugstore make-up, bath and body products, etc...  The sale at K-Mart for all the products mentioned is going through today (I think, double check because the sale might end tomorrow).

That's all for me gems.  Be sure to venture out sometime today to check out these sales.  They really are too good to pass up.  If you're unable to get out, shop online.  As I mentioned before, alot of retailers are offering the same deals to online shoppers TOO!!!  I know because I did some online shopping yesterday too.  Sooo Soooo BAD!!!  But so good because of the amazing deals I got.  

Before you shop oniline, be sure you start first with Ebates.  I've mentioned them in a few blogs now. Ebates offers % cash back on purchases made with their business affiliate sites (they have a ton available).  It's free to register and none of your information is shared with retailers.

Enjoy the rest of your day and as always....HAPPY SHOPPING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment