Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11/12 Tuesday Skincare 101: Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) Products

It's Tuesday Beauty Gems!!!  Back for another installment of Ang's Tuesday Skincare 101.  This week, I thought I'd share 411 on some sample products I've been using.  About 3 weeks ago, I purchased the Peter Thomas Roth 20th Anniversary Kit from Sephora. Note: Sorry gems!!! I found out recently after purchasing this kit that it was no longer available through Sephora and would be permanently discontinued.  You may luck up and find this product in a Sephora store near you. Also, check out QVC's website.  I've included the link to some of the PTR products/sets they carry Peter Thomas Roth @ QVC .  A great value for trying out various products in the PTR line.


Anywho....whose Peter Thomas Roth you ask????

Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) is a well-known beauty entrepreneur in the beauty community. With lineage operating businesses through family owned spa resorts, Peter was destined to make his mark in the beauty world. In 1993, Peter Thomas Roth introduced his skincare line to the beauty market. PTR has been recognized by industry magazines and others as one of the most renowned product lines in the country. Note: PTR was recently named as one of the 2013 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Award Winners. In my search for new cleansers and other skincare products, I decided to give PTR a try.  So here's the 411 on the products included in this set:


Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel -  This gel is formulated to detoxify pores, improve skin texture and wipe away other impurities.  The main claim of this cleanser is to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging. Some of the main active ingredients include: Salicylic and Glycolic acids, lime, citric, etc. Designed for all skin types except sensitive. This gel cleanser has a very light texture with a light, citrus smell. The cleanser creates a light lather on the skin.  The payoff is the brightness of your skin after each wash as well as firmness and decreased size of pores.  So far, I really am enjoying this cleanser.  The kit included a full-size 8.5 fl. oz. bottle (retails for $35; 3.3 fl. oz retails for $10).


Firm Peeling Gel - Let me just say I absolutely L-O-V-V-E-E this stuff!!!  From the first time I used it, I was sooo impressed by the results.  This gel is very lightweight but packs power by easily removing dead skin cells from the face. The best way to describe how is works...wet your face and use a Kleenex tissue to dry. This peeling gel gently removes dead skin with the use of your fingers and massaging the product into your skin. A small amount is all you need.  The full-size product has a hefty price tag ($48 for 3.5 fl. oz.).


Laser-Free Resurfacing Eye Serum - I've been using this product since I purchased it. Thus far, I've really liked it.  I specifically love that I can use this product under eye and on my eyelids.  As well, the formula is mild enough not to irritate my eyes (due to allergies, my eyes constantly water and have redness).  My goal was to get an eye cream/serum to decrease the appearance of dark circles and some fine lines. I'll post an update on my progress in another week or so... STAY TUNED!!! A high-end product with a $$$ price tag to match ($58 for 0.5 oz.)

The last 2 items included in the kit I haven't used yet:


Camu Camu Power C x 30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum - Lately, I've been noticing alot of articles and advertisements on the benefits of Vitamin C.  I've heard the benefits of Vitamin C can help with uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, etc.  Some suggest adding a drop of liquid Vitamin C into your daily moisturizer. Another option of course is to purchase products such as this serum.  PTR launched this Camu Camu line specifically formulated with Vitamin C (an anti-aging product to revitalize the skin).  I'll dive into this as soon as I get through some other products.  I haven't seen this serum available for purchase separately (outside of the Camu Camu Anti-Wrinkle Brightening Kit).



Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion - This is a light-weight moisturizer with SPF 30. Specifically, I would use this primarily in the summer.  Another anti-aging product to protect the skin from the sun. This retails for $42 for 1.7 oz.

Although these products are higher end, don't be afraid to give them a try.  As I always say, samples, samples, samples.  As well, be on the lookout for sample sets such as this one. It's a great deal AND you're not 100% vested in something that you aren't necessarily in love with. Be sure to check out other PTR products through QVC and Sephora.

That's all for this week's skincare 101. Have any hit/miss PTR products you've tried??  Leave your 411 below.  Also, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest @AngBeauty411.  Have a good night......Happy Shopping!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment