Friday, November 15, 2013

My Two Cents - Jesse's Girl Cosmetics

Hello Beauty Gems!!!  Finally...the work week is over.  Hope you all had a wonderful week. Today's 411 is on recent brand I came across not too long ago....Jesse's Girl. Jesse's Girl Cosmetics was released to the b beauty cosmetics market in 2005.  Since that time, this brand is now sold in over 3,000 retail stores across the United States.  Another brand that, so far, has proven to produce quality products at an affordable cost.

In my recent drugstore haul, I purchased some of the Jesse's Girl pure pigment eye dusts and mineralized baked powder eye shadows.  First, let's start with the pigment eye dusts.  As with most brands, the pigment can be used for the eyes and cheeks.  For this brand, they mostly advertise use of the this particular product for the eyes.  I purchased the pigment eye dusts in the following colors:

Sunlit Cactus (a golden-brown color w/green undertones)
Sunset Blvd (a rosey-gold)
Trouble Maker (a bright turquoise) 

The pigment eye dusts retail for $4.99 each. Below is a look I created from Sunlit Cactus. I put Sunlit cactus on the lid, along with other neutral colors (reddish brown and another dark brown) in the crease.  Sunlit Cactus is a standout color that applied well and did not crease throughout the day.  Granted, I always use primer under most shadows and ALL pigments I wear.  Pigments were not meant to stand alone.  To apply, I wet my Sonya Kashuk brush with my ELF setting spray (you can use any setting spray for this; just need something to have the eye dust adhere to).  Then I dipped my brush into the color (a very small amount was sufficient) and applied this to the lid.



This color blended well as I took my blending brush to merge the color in the crease. I was very impressed by the color payoff.  As well, I had little to no fall-out when applying.

The next look I created from Trouble Maker. I applied Trouble Maker to the lid and blended some of the color into my crease.  Then I added MAC Texture and Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips (Warm Nude Eyes) into the crease and brow. The picture shown doesn't display how well Trouble Maker blends in with the other colors (it truly does).



These can be applied lightly or heavier depending upon the color intensity you prefer.  The powder texture is very fine.  Very little product is needed as the colors have great pigmentation. I could also see using the color dusts easily over an eyeshadow base (which is what I used; MAC Painterly) or just with an eyeshadow primer.

I did create a 3rd look with Sunset Blvd. (not shown).  Sunset Blvd. is a beautiful color as well, worked well with the other colors I included with that look as well.



Lastly, I purchased the Mineralized Baked Powder Eye Shadow in Plum Frost.


This retails for $3.99.  You can also apply this shadow wet or dry. The following swatch is dry.  A great baked eye shadow in plum. Can be easily used for a day/night color during the fall/winter months.

Overall, I really like this brand.  The products I tried thus far have been great.  The pigment eye dusts have great pigmentation, long-lasting, and blend well with other colors on the eye.  The color payoff is a rich, satin finish. This is definitely a brand I'll be purchasing more from. A great deal that you just can't pass up.

If you're unable to find Jesse's Girl products in your local drugstore, you can place an order from their website Jesse's Girl Cosmetics (also link included above in the first paragraph).

That's all for me BGems!!!  Stay tuner over the weekend as I get caught up on posting my recent Sephora/Ulta Haul and detailed product reviews.  For a sneak peek of what I'll be dishing the 411 on...follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.....@AngBeauty411.

Have a wonderful night and as always.....Happy Shopping!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment