Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wantable October Subscription Box

Good Evening Beauty Lovers!

It's been a crazy few weeks.  Every where I look there's new products on the shelves (special holiday edition).  As promised, I'll be blogging more frequently as we get closer to the holidays.  Just taking me time to go through everything to do pictures, swatches, etc. etc.  Just bare with me and be sure to follow me for the latest updates.

In the midst of that, my beauty subscription boxes have been rolling in.  For those of you not familiar, one of the latest trends is beauty subscription boxes.  There are companies (e.g. Birchbox, Wantable, Ipsy just to name a few) that offer monthly/annual subscriptions consumers can purchase. Most require you to complete a survey regarding your likes/dislikes. Each month, you receive a box filled with samples and/or full-size products (depending upon the company your subscription is with) catered to your likes.

It's a great way for you to try out different products you otherwise may never use or know about. The best part, most will allow you to skip months whenever you'd like.  If you'd like more detailed information on beauty subscription boxes, please comment below.

Unfortunately, I'm a little behind on this so I decided to do a combo October (September in a separate blog). Going forward, as I use the products in each box, I'll post a quick blog update with my feedback.

Wantable is company that offers makeup, accessories and intimates' subscription boxes.  The cost is $36 per month/per box ($40 for one-time orders).  You can skip a month or skip a month for one thing and select to get an accessories box instead. This particular subscription box is pricier than others because you're getting products from high-end brands.  As well, you are receiving full-size products versus samples. 

With all that said on to the goodies....

October Subscription Box

Just received my October box a few days ago. Each month (like many subscription boxes) is based around a featured MUA of the month.  This month was Christina Farrell.  My box contained items picked by the MUA of the month featured as well as my preferences.  Here's a picture of what I received.




The first item I got was nail polish by Lise Watier.  This polish is actually a gray polish, perfect color for the falll season.  As soon I saw this, it reminded me of the Julep nail color Daria. Retail price of this polish is $13.



Next, there was a travel brush from Japonesque included in my box (smudger brush).  Japonesque is a high-end brand maker of make up brushes and other cosmetic tools.  Japonesque brushes are very good and a great addition to this box (retail value of this brush is $14).


Also included was enriched lip glaze from Besame Cosmetics. I'm not very familiar with this brand. However the lip glaze is a beautiful, deep berry color.  Looking forward to trying this out.




Another goodie in my box was an single eyeshadow called Peepers by Darla.  Again, another brand I haven't heard of before.  Very cute packaging and a beautiful lilac color.  The mirror adds a nice touch however not so useful due to it's size and ability to use after the product is gone.




Rounding out the box was the Cailyn Grand Volume Mascara. Packaging I adore, beautiful design on a sturdy casing (heavier plastic).  The color of the mascara is blue?!?!?  Not sure how much use I'll get out of this, however I'll give it a try.

Since this blog was a little longer than usual, I'll post my September goodies separately.  That's all for me. Don't forget to follow by blog for the latest reviews....I've received alot within the last few weeks so many more blogs will be posted soon!!!

Take care and as always.....Happy Shopping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment