Monday, October 14, 2013

Ulta Haul


Women and men alike love their cosmetics in all forms (shower gels, shaving creams, moisturizers, toners, cleaners, masks, eyeshadow palettes...etc., etc.). To add to that, I do not discriminate as I have love for many other stores such as Sephora, Macy's, MAC and so on. OK enough babbling.

This is the result of my latest rendezvous at Ulta 3 weeks ago.  The damage was minimal.  However, it was an hour and 15 minutes of pure bliss.  I'll go through the list noting which of these I sampled or haven't (swatches included). Note: One item not included in this blog that was apart of my haul was the Lorac Dazzling Dozen Eyeshadow Collection (more details on this in a separate blog).





Let us begin shall we.....
Cargo Essential Lip Color (Napa)  -  I have to give thanks to the salon associate in Ulta for this recommendation.  

 

While getting my brows done, I went on and on about how I loved the Urban Decay (UD) Revolution Lipsticks blah blah blah (we always chat like this about our favs).  I told her that the next color from that collection I wanted to purchase was Venom. She said if you like Venom, you may also like Cargo's lip color in Napa.

Of course, I'm a stickler for "try before you buy" whenever I can.  I tried on Napa and it was instant happiness!!!  I'd venture to say Cargo's Napa has great color pigmentation, moisturizing, staying power and texture.  



This color is definitely for the risk taker who loves wearing vibrant colors. Overall, great first impression. Please note that this color does wear alot darker than what it appears in the above picture.

NYX Cosmetics

I probably should have called this the NYX Haul.  What can I say....a girl can't turn down a buy one get one 50% off sale.....That would be a crime, right!?!?!??!  Here's the 411:

  • NYX Cream Shadow - Copper -  A recommendation from the Australian YouTube beauty blogger Shaaanxo.  A beautiful color just not sure how this will wear over a long period time.  I haven't officially worn this yet but will definitely keep you posted.

  • NYX Eyeshadow - Blue Marine - This shadow is GREAT on the outer V.  I've been very impressed with the pigmentation and lasting power of the NYC shadows I've purchased so far.  I love it.  Please comment and let me know if you'd be interested in me posting a look with this color.
  • NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe (Glam Platinum & Purple) -I'm really a fan of how vibrant the color payoff is on this liners.  I haven't worn them yet (but sure I will be very soon), I'm just curious to find out how they'll wear over time.  I'll keep you posted!

  • NYX Single Eye Shadow - Blue Marine  - I apologize as I didn't realize there was not swatch included for this blog post.  I included a link to the NYX site for reference.  This is a beautiful navy blue.  Very pigmented and blends very well on the eyes.  I've used this color only once so far but it was great.  Gorgeous color to use for a nighttime look.  If you're really creative, try incorporating this color into a fall day look as well.
 
  • Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer -  Ulta was giving away a free sample eye primer with any $30 or more Lorac purchase. I've only used this once and the verdict is still out.  I'll keep you posted on my thoughts on this product as well.



  • The Body Shop Shea Body Butter  -  Oh La La!!! So I really did use up the ENTIRE $5 package of shea butter.  Of course, I loved it in every way.  During the colder months, I tend to submerge myself in moisturizer as my skin can get very dry.  So, of course, I wanted to try this out.  I love it...HOWEVER it's very expensive.  The full-size version retails for $20.   Fortunately, the Body Shop is running a sale on this now for only $12!!!  Just not sure how long the sale will last but you better run fast and pick up some before it's gone!!! So for someone that RUNS through moisturizer during colder months, this might not be a very cost-effective resolution (at least for daily use).  All in all still a great product from a very well-known and established brand.

That's all for me.  Until next time...Happy Shopping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment