Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Skincare 101: Special Edition - Winter Body Care Favs

Happy Tuesday Beauty Loves!

I come to you trying to recover from sinus infection issues.  If you don't have any problems with allgeries...consider yourselves lucky.  The lovely weather on the east coast hasn't officially transitioned into fall weather until recently.  Therefore, allergy sufferers are dealing with prolonged symptoms.... Ughhhh.

Anyway, just wanted to keep you up with my latest skincare 411.  I decided to share a few of my favorite body products I've been loving/emptying the last few weeks. I've been on this shea butter kick lately (due primarily because of the season change).  I don't know about you but my skin becomes INSANELY dry from October to March. So much so that I have to be mindful of the products I use in order to keep my skin smooth and moisturized.


Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer - A new release by Jergens just in time for fall/winter season.  This wonderful moisturizer does exactly as it says "instantly relieves dryness, replenishes depleted moisture and enhances the performance of skin's own moisture barrier." The primary ingredient is african shea butter that gives your skin the much needed moisture it needs. I recently picked up this product and really love it so far. It's moisturizing and not too heavy.  Just enough product to keep your skin soft and glowing. For those with extra dry skin, try out the Jergens Crema Deep-Conditioning Shea Butter with Oatmeal Moisturizer (this will be my next purchase...great for the feet with some cozy socks)  BONUS:  Check out the latest In Style magazine (November issue) that includes a small sample and a coupon for $1.50 off your purchase OR $1.00 off coupon from the Jergens site (promotions section)...you can't resist a deal like that!!! 

Caress Body Wash


These body wash gems have been a staple in my shower for over a year now.  I normally just switch up the scents I use as the seasons change. Definitely these are my #2 in comparison to B&BW products. Each bottle is 18 ounces of specific scents blended together to give you a wonderful fragrance; great cleansing and moisturizing ingredients for your skin. Caress offers body washes from 3 different categories for you to choose from: exfoliating, silkening and fine fragrance. Some of my favorites are the following:

Exfoliating: Evenly Gorgeous (Burnt Brown Sugar & Karite Butter) - I used primarily during the fall/winter seasons. A great pairing with any shea butter moisturizer.  Tahitian Renewal  (Pomegrante Seeds & Coconut Milk)  All-time favorite summer body wash.  I've also tried some dupes of this (generic form) and they still don't compare.

Silkening: Glowing Touch (Shea Cream & Gentle Skin Brighteners) -  Use all year around but mostly spring/summer seasons. 

Fine Fragrance: Pretty much the entire collection I love....however if I had to select 2 as my favorite, they would be Passionate Spell (Passionfruit & Fiery Orange Rose)  The fragrance is very powerful from the entire collection so it's either you love them or hate them. Passionate Spell is my favorite in the winter.  The aroma lingers on my skin hours after I've taken a shower. Sheer Twilight (Black Orchid & Juniper Oil Scent) Another one I use primarily in the colder months.  A few of the other scents from this line I use during spring/summer month is Tempting Whisper (Wild Peony &  Red Plum).  

You can find these at Walmart, Target and many other local retail drugstores.

Dove Purely Pampering Shea Butter Beauty Bar w/Warm Vanilla 

   
Yes I'm aware that I have a shea butter obsession going on. I can't help it.  So many manufacters are aware of the benefits shea butter gives your skin.  With that said, why not release as many products as possible to the market with shea butter ingredients.  

I can say with all honesty that my linen closet is well stocked with this soap (I'm sorry beauty bar).  I first used this over the summer and haven't turned back since.  We all know that Dove beauty bars, in general, are not your average soap.  They are gentle, moisturizing and leave your skin cleansed without any residue on the skin. A must have all year around.  

That concludes my special edition body care favorites.  Next week, I'll have my 3-week review of the L'oreal Texture Perfector Serum and Moisturizer..Promise!!!  

Until next time...enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Shopping!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment