Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Skincare 101: Formula 10.0.6 Starter Kit

Good Afternoon Beauty Friends!!!!

It's that time again....my weekly skincare 101.  This week I thought I'd share my feedback on some products I've recently come across. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm switching over to some new skincare products.  The products I've used before work well for me.  However, I want to make sure that all my skincare needs are being met now and going forward.  

I've been browsing many YouTube videos, stores and beauty blogs searching for the ideal match.  It's not easy because there's so many to choose from.  It's also time consuming researching different products and  testing them to see if they really work.  For most products, it can take about 4-6 weeks to see true results. 

With that said, I do recommend that when shopping for new skincare products be sure to:

  • Get samples whenever you can (Just like dating, you can't really get to know someone until you have some one-on-one time together.  Samples give you plenty of time to try things out and see just how your skin adapts.)
  • Get referrals from different sources (a trusted source will most likely be honest about products that work and not try to reil you in just for a sale.  Friends, family, co-workers and beauty bloggers (such as yours truly) can be very helpful
 Another good thing is purchasing sets w/trial size minatures.  I've recently done just that.  While watching a YouTube video, it was mentioned about a mask that this person used.  They didn't go into too much detail about the mask, however, this promoted me to do some further research into this brand.
Formula 10.0.6 is a brand that has been around since 1933.  This brand was developed by a chemist to help clear troublesome skin problems.  The brand has expanded its skincare line to promote healthy skin for a variety of skin types.

As part of their product line, they offer a skin clarifying starter kit (I purchased this at Ulta 2 weeks ago). 



The starter kit retails for $9.99 and includes the following:
  • So Totally Clean 2-in-1 Cleanser and Toner
  • Keep Me Clean Clarifying Facial Wipes  
  • Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser
  • Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask
 I began using all of the above products as soon as I purchased them.  Here's my 411:

So Totally Clean 2-in-1 Cleanser and Toner ($5.99) - Grade 'D' Over the past 3 days, I've used this product less and less. The smell itself was awful...ewww (an overwhelming strong scent just made it unbarely to use; smells reminds me of a strong antispetic). While this product did cleanse my skin it left a slight stinging feel to some areas of my face.  Using this product really reminds me of ole school Sea Breeze (for those of you not familiar, this was one of the original introductions of toner to the beauty world. This product cleaned so well that it did some damage by drying out your skin). Some good points about this product - It does it's job - removing all dirt and impurities from my skin. Formula 10.0.6 does offer a sibling version of this product (So Totally Clean Sensitive Formula). The other alternate may be a better match for me.  While I don't have sensitive skin, this product did irritate it a little.  This product might be better for those with oily skin.  What can I say....it was just too much for my combo skin.





Keep Me Clean Clarifying Facial Wipes ($5.99 - 25 count, $2.99 - 10 count) - Grade 'A'  The cloth texture is very soft and smooth (slightly different than what you see for most cleansing wipes). The combination of cucumber and witch hazel provides a soothing and cool feel to my skin.  These wipes had no trouble taking off most of my makeup.  They removed most of my eye makeup (90%) just not EVERYTHING. The waterproof liners and mascara came off some but still left some residue. However, the fact that I can use these cloths on my eyes to remove makeup is wonderful (no irritation  whatsoever).








Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser ($5.99) - Grade 'B'  This cleanser is a gel consistency that builds up to a light foam lather.  It  has a very mild but soothing aroma and contains Passionfruit and Green Tea.  I was skeptical on whether this cleanser was something I could use all the time (meaning if it would be good enough to wash away all my makeup). So far it's done an excellent job in cleaning my skin.  You only need a little product to cleanse. I notice that when using toner afterwards, there's barely any traces of dirt, oil, etc.  Still not 100% sold on this yet but not too bad so far.  










Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask ($5.99) - Grade 'A+' Let me start off by saying I absolutely 'Love' this mud mask.  I fell in love the very first time I used this product.  The things that make this product an "A+' for me are scent, texture, and overall results.  This mud mask contains Bergamot, Sea Salt and Orange to remove dirt and other impurities imbedded in you skin and provides a natural glow after each use.  It works to pull everything out without stripping your skin of the good stuff. The texture of the mask if very light (almost like a heavy whipped consistency).  It's very concentrated so a little goes a long way.  The aroma of citrus is just perfect; not too overwhelming and very refreshing.  After removing the max, my skin felt refreshed, had a nice glow and firm. I didn't want to take it off!!!!  Looking forward to my next mask.  This product, I think, would work well for most skin types. 






A great value considering the products and the price. Did I mention the kit also includes a $1 coupon off your next purchase of any Formula 10.0.6 product????  I know it's only $1 but it helps.....not too shabby.

Final Thoughts.....I'll certainly be purchasing the deep down detox mud mask and keep me clean clarifying facial wipes.  I'm not certain whether or not I'll purchase Best Face Forward yet (I'll decide once the trial size is all gone). Be sure to check out other products available from this brand at Formula 10.0.6

Thanks for hanging in there; I know this was a long one. That concludes this week's skincare 101...Enjoy the rest of your day and Happy Shopping!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment