Friday, October 11, 2013

Tuesday Skincare 101: Ang's Top 10 Skincare Products

Happy Friday Beauty Aficionados!!!  What can I say....it's been that kind of week!  I've had my hands full checking out some of the new holiday products. Will share the 411 on those in my upcoming blogs...STAY TUNED!!!!!! Anyway, with that said, I thought I'd share some of my most treasured skincare products.

I've personally used all these products over the years (some more recently than others) and have fallen in love with them. I originally was only going to do a top 8 only because there weren't 10 products I really loved AND everyone does top 5 or 10 (why not be different). However, after further thought, I remembered a few additional I really liked (just may not have used them in a while).

Here's a list of my favs (in no particular order):


1.  Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10 Acne Medication - This is tried and true in what it claims to do.  This is one product that performs wonders in providing immediate treatment of breakouts in no time flat.  Although I've switched to using some other products, this is still in rotation for me.  Anytime a pimple is on the rise, I immediately do damage control with a mask and this spot treatment. The best part.....unlike some other spot treatments on the market, this product does not dry out your skin. It plays well with others to allow your current moisturizer do it's thing and make pimples disappear.  A must have for your skincare regime.

2. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer - Another drugstore A-Lister that's been in my skincare regime most of the year. Since I have combination skin, this moisturizer was the best of both worlds. This product controlled my breakouts and provided my skin with the right amount of moisture.  My ONLY complaint with this moisturizer is NO SPF.  Certainly something important to consider during the summer months (which unfortunately is when most of us are prone to pimple invasions...AHHHHH). However, I will say this moisturizer definitely helped to decrease breakouts.  Another drugstore winner!

3. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - An oldie but a goodie. I first found this little diamond back in the 90s (yes that long ago) and it's still amazing. This product does some serious spring cleaning by removing oil and dirt hidden deep down in your pores.  Works well on all skin types. A little goes a long way so this will last your FOREVER!!!

4. Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil - An unexpected surprise I came across last year.  This little gem was a bonus in my holiday shopping haul last December.  Wonderful Sephora decided to gift me with a full-size bottle.  I'll be the first to admit, I really wasn't feeling this cleanser for one main reason - a cleansing OIL to clean my skin, really?? Yes, I'm one of those people that took a minute to get on the cleansing oil serum bandwagon. I couldn't fathom a cleansing oil being able to do the job (I wear a full face of makeup 6 days a week; need cleanser that works on another level).  I gave it a shot and fell in love.  This product is ideal for all skin types and really cleans your skin without leaving the "squeaky-clean, no moisture" type feel. My only gripe about this product....the $26 price tag.  Another one of those high-end deals that you fall in love with and get your heart broken by later, why??? Because the cost just doesn't justify the means.  My beauty budget is good but not that nice.

5. Boscia Super-Charge Overnight Moisture - This was also coupled with my full-size Boscia cleansing oil.  A great nighttime moisturizer that I use solely in the winter time.  Ladies/Gents that have normal to dry skin types may benefit from this product longer throughout the year.  I loved this moisturizer for not being overpowering (not too greasy; perfect consistency) AND for doing some behind the scenes work to help with current and any FUTURE fine lines on the horizon.

6. Queen Helene The Original Mint Julep Mudd Masque - Just a quick blurb on this......an inexpensive drug store product that works well to exfoliate your skin.  This product has been around for YEARS (my mom used this when I was younger).  Someone got the recipe right because it's still on the market standing loud and proud.  You can find this at your local Walmart. An inexpensive alternative to the Origins Clear Improvement.


8. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash -  This is not your momma's Noxzema!!! Yes, I put in a throwback with that one.  However, when I first tried this product, that was the first thing I thought of. However, I will say this is NOTHING like that.  Not the horrible, overwhelming smell that knocks you too your feet; just the opposite. Somewhat similar consistency to Noxzema ( just lighter).  A very lightweight cleanser that digs in to provide you with clean, glowing skin. 

9. L'oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream - My new obsession!!!!! I first learned of this gem from the wonderful and lovely YouTuber Nicole Guerriero in her skincare routine video.  I had to try it and now I BELIEVE. I'm just about 2 weeks in with using this product; so far so good.  I've begin to notice subtle changes in my skin already!

10. L'oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate - My 2nd obsession.  Both the day/night cream and this serum are a dynamic duo.A creamy consistency that leaves a matte finish.


I'll provide more detailed feedback of my experience with the L'oreal Youth Code products in another week. 

That does it for my Skincare 101 this week.  Please comment and share some of your must-haves. Anything new to the market that your just not sure about??? Just let me know.  I'll be happy to be your designated tester and give you my 411.

Until next time, have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY SHOPPING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment