Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nudes With Attitude

Hello Beauty Gems!!! Welcome to another edition of Ang's Beauty 411. For this installment, I thought I'd share some of my fav nude lipsticks. I refer to them as "nudes with attitude" because they aren't necessarily the standard nude lipstick. Meaning, I feel, they give you a little more color, more defined look with a shine or satin finish.

So I sifted through my collection of lippies and here are my nudes....

Starting with nudes from the new Maybelline Color Sensational "The Buffs" collection. I am CRAZY about this collection. Similar to the other colors from the color sensational collection, they give your lips moisture, shine and a very polished look. 

Pictured here are the following (from left to right): Maple Kiss (925), Touchable Taupe (940) aka my new go-to nude, Untainted Spice (950). These you might consider more of a brown nude...your right.  The one thing I really like about this particular collection was it's versatility. You can find a great nude to suit most skin tones.  A definitely plus in my book...catering to a broader audience of gems.  An A+ in my book.


The last 2 are from other very notable drugstore brands: Wet n Wild(WNW) and Milani. 

If you haven't tried any of the WNW lip colors....pause from reading this blog and run to your nearest drugstore to purchase a few ASAP!!! When you return finish reading this blog.  You'll then be able to share in the love I have for these lip colors. Great color payoff and an unbeatable value...you won't be able to buy just one color..PROMISE.

Milani is another drugstore fav of mine. The 2 swatches above are WNW Mocha-licious (914C) and Milani's Dulce Caramelo.

The next set of swatches are a mix of high-end and drugstore lipsticks. 

The first 2 swatches are from the Urban Decay Revolution Lip Color Collection: Lovelight and Liar. Lovelight is more sheer lipstick with flecks of gold shimmer.  One that can be coupled with any look.  Liar is more of nude with pink undertone. Definitely a more pronounced color where a little goes a long way.

Next is a color that was my go-to nude of spring/summer 2013 - Rimmel's Moisture Renew in Nude Delight (642). I loved the fact that I could tone down this color by just applying a darker lip liner. I learned to chose more moisturizing lip colors that were blendable (in the event the color is took light for me). Another recent fav from my December Ipsy bag is from the NYX collection in Muse (LSS589A). Rounding out the list is an oldie but a goodie: MAC Creme Sheen lipstick in Japenese Maple. I so adore MAC creme sheen lip colors.  You get great color, moisture and lasting power all in one.  What more could you ask for??


I was never a real fan of nudes until the last few years.  Beauty brands are recognizing their target audience is changing and expanding.  Meaning, their are more gems in the world with a multitude of skin tones.  I'm so happy to see that progress (slowly but surely) is being made to cater to all gems.  There's still more to do but progress is being made.

That concludes this installment of AngBeauty411.  Until next time gems...Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment