Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Two Cents: S.he Lipsticks

Hey There Gems-

I've missed you.  Last week was so crazy for me. So much so that I had to go on hiatus for some much needed R&R.  Of course, I didn't forget about you.  To be honest, I felt lost without blogging about SOMETHING.  Looks as though I'll have to make up for lost time.

To start off the week, here's another installment of My Two Cents. This time I wanted to review some lipsticks from my last ikatehouse haul. S.he Lipsticks is a brand  I've never seen before. As I was browsing the website I came across these.

The first thing that I caught my eye was the packaging. They are very nice and sleek; pink/black mix that's so cute. I just found it strange that the bottom of the casing was kind of blah...oh well. I was little skeptical because they were SO inexpensive.  Being the beauty enthusiast I am....I couldn't resist.
       

The lipsticks comes in semi-matte and sheen finishes. Their are 2 different lines available..I and II. The color ranges vary for each (at least that's the only difference I noticed). The lipsticks I purchased are from S.he Lipsticks I.

Below I've included swatches and a pic of me wearing each color. The first color is Mixed Berry. Although the picture makes this appear to be more of a pinky color, it's actually more of a pinky-mauve. More true to color in the swatch.

Next is Orchid Kiss. This one is a sheen finish. The color is more of a darker pink (hint of mauve color).

Now on to the deeper colors....Merlot is a muted berry color. This color you can build up to be as dark as you'd like. Merlot is a semi-matte finish. Just gorgeous!!!!

Saved the best for last...Cabernet. An amazing, rich red. A standout color that can easily make a simple eye look totally glam. Pair this with a brick red liner and create a beautiful ombré look.
Here's what I love:
  • Great Pigmentation - Considering the natural pigmentation I already have on my lips; the true colors of these lipsticks show through phenomenally!!
  • Non-sticky, creamy finish; each color just glides on the lips.
  • Unbelievably affordable - Each lipstick is $1.79 on the ikatehouse website....is there ANY dispute on why you should not buy it??? helloooo....even if it doesn't work for you...you haven't invested a ton of money, time or effort.  I know, I know....$1.79 is still $1.79.  However, I would much rather drop $1.79 than $20-30, have it not work for me, than go back to the store to return it..THEN wait a million business days to be refunded the money on my credit card....that's way too much time invested...a gem got's thangs to do!!!
Things I'm not feeling:
  • A little drying -  ONLY when I wore Merlot did I notice the color to be a little drying. However, since it's more of a semi-matte, it's to be expected.  Some extra lip balm alleviated that pretty quickly.
  • Product availability -  Searched high and low (and still looking) to see other places where you can purchase these lippies.  Really having no success so far.  The fact that I can ONLY find these on the ikatehouse site scares me a little.  While I love ikatehouse (your just amazing).....if they run out of product or WORSE discontinue carrying these lippies...whatever will I do???  Nothing erks me more than finding any beauty item I love and then it being sold out or discontinued #thingsthatannoythee
S.he Lipsticks are available in 34 colors (from neutrals to dark). Overall, a pretty good lipstick (so far so good).  Wearing Mixed Berry today and my lips still look just as good as they did this morning. I've only had to do 1-2 touch-ups (due to eating/drinking).

A definite must try in my book. These are available through ikatehouse .  If any of you gems happen to track down any other retailers that carry S.he Lipsticks, please let me know.

As always, follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest @AngBeauty411.  Take care and as always happy shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment