Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Two Cents - NEW Wet N Wild Vicious Varnish HighShine Lip Stain

Hello Beauty Gems! How you are all doing wonderful! It's your girl Ang here with the latest installment of my two cents. Tis the season for new beauty product release for 2014. Wet n Wild has released a new collection of products that include eye shadow palettes, lip glosses and eye liners. Please note that any opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own.  The purpose of my blog is to provide detailed information and reviews on all things beauty!!!  

On my recent trip to the store I picked up these new high shine lip stains. 


There are a total of 8 colors (if I remember correctly) to choose from. I just picked up these 4. The colors vary so some you can use now, others you might use more in the spring/summer seasons. So here I've provided you gems with swatches and me actually wearing each color. Note: The pictures with me wearing the colors below may appear lighter than the actual color seen in person. I provided the pictures solely for the purposes of providing you with a general idea.

First, let's start off with the color Legendary Face (A305)


This a beautiful pinky nude color. I love this color because it's versatile (I have a deep skin tone and this color looks pretty good on me). Initially I was a little skeptical but it actually works!

Next, there's Street Queen (A303)


This lip color is more of a deep mauve color. However, when applied it appears slightly lighter than what you see in the packaging. A great color for spring/summer. 

Let's get into some of the deeper colors of this collection. 

Global Fierceness (A306) is gorg!!!


An amazing almost red color gives you glamorous lips all day!! It does appear to be red with a blue undertone. However, in the packaging this appears to be more of a berry color. Either way, this is a beautiful color that easily stands out on its own.

Last but not least my favorite color in the collection Throwing Shade (A310)


I cannot describe in enough words how amazing this color is. I wore this color first and have been in love since.

To wrap things up, here's my two cents:

-The darker shades are long wearing (minimal touch up needed throughout the day); the lighter shades will fade and may need to be retouched once or twice throughout the day

-Definitely lip stains (when I removed the swatches from my arms and from wear on my lips, the colors left some staining; as expected the lighter colors were removed with no staining effect

-Because they are lip stains they can be drying....the darker shades are very drying so you MUST moisturize your lips WELL before applying

-These lip stains are also a little sticky (another downside to most lip stains)...you must mindful of how much product you apply...too much can be clumpy on the lips and sticky

Overall, I give these lip stains an B-. They're a great value ($2.99 - 3.99 each), offered in a  variety of great colors perfect for most skintones, long-wearing and predominately true to color in packaging (keeping in mind these swatches on my lips...considering how pigmented my lips are and camera lighting). For me personally, the darker shades work better for me.

You can find these lip stains are your local Walgreens and other drugstores that carry Wet n Wild products. 

More reviews to come on other new Wet n Wild products sioon. To keep up with the latest and greatest, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest at @AngBeauty411. Until next time gems...happy shopping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment