Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Two Cents - New Kat Von D Esperanza Eyeshadow Palette

What's Up Gems!!! Welcome to another edition of my two cents.  This installment will be a full review of Kat Von D's new Esperanza Eyeshadow Palette. I purchased the palette from Sephora a few weeks ago.  This is one of many new releases for 2014. The palette is a great intro into spring/summer with it's soft, pastel and earth tone colors.



With being such a big KVD fan, I couldn't wait to get this.  KVD has a large following of beauty enthusiasts that L-O-V-E her palettes.  Some that you may already know and love are: KVD Ladybird True Romance, True Romance Poetica and the Spellbinding Eyeshadow palettes.


First, I'll start off by giving a brief description of each color. Starting (from left to right): Selena, Dayglo, Galore and Placebo. 

Selena - Shimmery Purple color (w/flecks of silver shimmer)
Dayglo - A white iridescent transformer shade (can be used over/with another color to give you a lighter/darker version of that color
Galore - Shimmery Peach
Placebo - Matte Coral


The last four shades in the palette are as follows (from left to right): Santeria, Archangel, South and Dog Roses.

Santeria - A blue-green shimmer 
Archangel - Matte Mint Green
South - Matte beige
Dog Roses - Golden Bronze





Colors I Love....Archangel, South, Dog Roses and Placebo
Colors I Don't Love and Why.....Santeria and Dayglo. Santeria was a HUGE disappointment.  This was the one color in the palette I was most looking forward to trying.  Per KVD reputation, most of the eyeshadows are very pigmented and standout colors (you only need a little to achieve great results). Unfortunately, even with a good eye shadow base, there was very little color payoff.  

Dayglo just didn't do what it claimed. This was supposed to be a shadow that you could layer with other shadows to create dimension. Sorry...this did no such thing. Maybe if this was just a regular matte color it would work, otherwise, it's a miss for me.

Verdict still out on....Selena and Galore

Overall, I can probably estimate that I will only get use of 50% of this palette.  While it's only 8 colors, I can truly see me utilizing only 4 for spring/summer looks.  The mattes shades are my favorite...KVD really does matte shades well. They're easily blendable and stay ALL day without budging.

This palette retails for $36.  The value of this palette, for me, is not great.  I do splurge on high-end palettes because I know the quality is good.  In this instance, the value just is not there for me.

My grade for this palette is a 'B'. If I had to make a recommendation, it would be to purchase one of the other matte palettes from KVD and skip on this. Every palette can't be an "A+".  Again, other products from the KVD line are amazing and you won't be disappointed.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for the latest 411 on all things beauty!!!  Until next time...happy shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment