Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Special....A Few of My Favorite Greens

Hello Beauty Gems -

Hope you've all been having a wonderful weekend.  I've been in all weekend still recovering.  I also hope that you've gotten a chance to take part of the St. Patrick's Day funtivities.  In dedication of the holiday, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite greens.  Here's a few of my favs (both old and new):

Sephora Picnic in the Park - An absolutely gorgeous color I came across about 3 years ago. This fabo green is a standout with it's subtle but engaging light shimmer.

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Acid Green & Emerald Green - MUFE aqua creams are amazing.  You can wear them alone or use them as a base to create a more beautiful look.  Acid Green gives you that ultra bright lime green color. While emerald green is also a beautiful color on its own, it does give you great color payoff with it's golden undertone.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mildew - UD was the first brand of eye shadows I really got into (FACT: The first palette I ever purchased was from UD).  As all you gems know, this brand is a staple in the beauty community for it's bold and statement-making colors. Mildew falls in line by bringing the same intensity as other UD colors.  I purchased this color a while back but still keep it in constant rotation.



L'oreal Hip Color in Gunmetal - THROWBACK!!! Where it all started for me (before my discovery of MAC).  I was sooo into L'oreal Hip Colors.  They were one of the best drugstore eye shadows with amazing pigmentation. You can still purchase Hip Colors in your local drugstore or from the L'oreal website. I STILL have mine (WOW) but haven't used it in ages.  Tomorrow is the perfect occasion to do so.  If I do, I'll post for you gems via Instagram....TBD.

Rounding out the list is Kat Von D's Birdcage (from the Spellbinding Eyeshadow Book) - I love this beautiful satin lime green.  Just like all of the rest of KVD eye shadows, this color applies and blends beautifully on the eye. This is one of my go-to shadows when I want a splash of green.  Unfortunately, the spellbinding book is no longer available, however be sure to check out other KVD eye shadows.  They're amazing and you'll fall in love at first application.



There are many more that I didn't mention. However I just wanted to share just a few of my favs. That's all for me gems.  Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!!!

Until next time...Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment