Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mini Lush Haul

Hello Beauty Gems!!!!  Finally I'm back.  Last week was crazy for me.  So much was going on that I could barely keep up.  Of course, to help me unwind from a long week...retail therapy was prescribed.  This particular haul was actually from 2 weeks ago (more recent hauls to follow).

Lush is well known brand of freshly made cosmetics that are cruelty free.  As well, the brand packages 100% of their products with PCR.  Did I also mention that their moisturizer "Charity Pot" is specifically designed where 100% of proceeds are donated back to the community (funding to grassroots charities)???  Overall, a great brand that believes in educating and giving back to the community.

For months, I've heard so many great things about their products.  That actually helped me to select the items I purchased. Nothing worst than wandering through the store with no real idea of what you want.  That can easily turn into a very expensive shopping trip.

Since I've had the products for a while.  I've been able to use them and get a good feel for how they work.  I'll actually be providing you with full descriptions and first impressions (aka "My Two Cents").


First item I tried was the Popcorn Lip Scrub.  Lush offers lip scrubs in 3 varieties (Bubble Gum, Popcorn and Mint Julep).  All 3 lip scrubs contain jojoba and coconut oils; perfect combination in providing your lips with a layer of moisture while exfoliating.  The flavors are delicious.  Because the ingredients are made from all natural products, you can literally taste them.  While I wouldn't necessarily sugges "snacking" on these; they are just that tasty and fresh.

The consistency is pretty comparable to most lip scrubs.  However, this is a standout when it comes to freshness, taste and moisturizing benefits. Also, a little goes a long way.... I don't foresee running through this, however lately this has been my go-to exfoliator. The only thing that I'd note that isn't great about this lip scrub are:
  • Texture -  The lip scrub (specifically Popcorn) is a tad on the dryer side....I do still get the benefits of the jojoba and coconut oils...just not as much as I might get from one of the other options.  As a result, be mindful of the texture since it can be a little messy (flaky).
  •  Price -  The lip scrubs retail for $9.95 each.  Grant it, my Tarte lip scrub is $16 sooooo this is obviously a better deal.  However, if you're a beauty on a budget and really can't shell out the $9.95; You can look into other options such as making your own homemade scrub.  However, you won't have the benefit of the tasty varieties Lush offers.  




On to the UltraBland Facial Cleanser.  I absolutely love this cleanser.  I solely use it as a makeup remover and it truly does the job.  At first, I'll admit I was ready to return this product after one use.  Why you ask??  The thick, oil consistency scared the crap out of me.  As many of you gems may already know, I'm a combo skin girl.  This cleanser contains beeswax and almond oil.  Seeing and feeling that on my skin almost gave me a heart attack. I laugh now but at the time, I was frantically washing my face to ensure ALL the product was removed.

I'm glad I decided to give it a 2nd chance.  For any gems that have combo to oily skin, you apply this to your skin and then do either of the following; remove the cleanser with a damn cloth/cotton pad OR apply your skin cleanser over UltraBland and then wash your face.  I'm torn between both methods.  Removing the product, I feel, defeats the purpose and takes away the benefits of the cleanser. However, using my normal cleanser to wash away EVERYTHING is a big task.  Meaning, I find I have to wash my face 1-2 times to ensure all the product is completely removed.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and so far so good.  I do love the consistency of the cleanser after you begin washing your face (it breaks down to a soft milk-like consistency...melting off your skin). Another product I'm not sure how often I'll be using. More so because of the cost ($16.95 for 1.5 oz; $29.95 for 3.5 oz container).


I also purchased their well known Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion.  A great addition to your moisturizing routine or just opt for the smallest size as a go-to moisturizer for your travel bag or purse. The wonderful mixture of Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil and other essential ingredients make this a must have. The fragrance is perfect for all palettes (not too strong and no specific scent to conflict with other products you wear). A little provides moisture for hours at a time.  The best part is that it's non-greasy and sinks right into the skin (immediate payoff).  Did I also mention that it contains ingredients geared toward anti-aging??? Every gem should have in their possession at least one anti-aging hand cream. Charity retails for $5.95 - 1.7 oz size and $22.95 - 7.9 oz. size.



Saved the best for last.....Cupcake Fresh Face Mask.  The Lush fresh masks are the most talked about product on YouTube and Beauty Bloggers alike. The benefit of using fresh products allows you to benefit from all the nutrients and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.Cupcake fresh face masks retails for $6.95 (2.1 oz. size).  Due to there fresh ingredients, these masks have a short shelf life (approximately 2 weeks).  As well, all fresh face masks require refrigeration.


I'll make a 2nd trip to Lush probably within the next few weeks for more UltraBland. Lush products are available for purchase from their website LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics or at your local LUSH store.  Lush products can be purchased and shipped globally.

Be sure to stay tuned for any updated hauls and product reviews. As always, stay in the know with the latest and greatest from yours truly via Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter @AngBeauty411.

Enjoy the rest of your day and as always...Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment