Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things....Best of 2013 Drugstore PART 1

Hello Beauty Gems! Happy Sunday Funday. I hope you've been having a fantabulous weekend. I've been taking it easy by organizing my closet, rearranging my makeup storage and catching some ZZZss. 

With that said... I wanted to make sure I posted my 2013 best of beauty drugstore edition. The picture doesn't show ALL of my favs but most. This post will show my favs with the exception of foundation. My fav foundations will be posted in a separate blog post.

So let's get started!!!! As I was cleaning, I pulled the items/brands that I used and loved the most in 2013.

While everything is not shown in the picture below, I included most. 


Eyeshadows

I'm an eyeshadow junkie. Specifically, ones that have a lot of color and pizazz...those standout colors that pop with little to no effort. First drugstore fav is....Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips. This was my go-to day palette during spring/early summer. The colors are amazing. Great pigmentation, lasting power throughout the entire day with no creasing. I primarily used the warm nude palette. Highly recommend trying this product if you haven't done so before. Great price and versatile (offered in various shades to suite your eye and natural color preferences).

NYX Single Eyeshadows... Not necessarily a drugstore brand to me at least (mostly found in Ulta, Target and other retail stores). I cannot say enough about these colors. They are gorgeous. Many of the shades from this brand are great dupes from many high-end shadows. Great pigmentation, no fall out, blends beautifully on the eye and wears ALL day without fading.

Other favorites include (not pictured) are the Wet n Wild Color icon 8-color palettes. Beautiful color at such an affordable price. I also use an eyeshadow base to make the colors vibrant. 

Next, Jesse's Girl Eye Dusts. These I can say are one of the great finds I came across in 2013. My expectation was not really high but Girlll I have been proven wrong. These are amazing products that can give you the high end look for a great value. 

To round out my favs are the ELF baked Eyeshadows. I made mention of these in one of earlier drugstore haul blogs last year. So versatile (use wet or dry) and great color. Some colors can also be used as a highlight/blush. 

On to Blush....

NYX Blush - What more can I can say.... The blushes are just as good as the eyeshadows. Great color, price and lasting power...All Day!!! 

Hard Candy Baked Blush - One of the least talked about brands. I haven't tried all of their products but the blushes are great. The baked blush formula gives you a wash of beautiful color to the cheeks. Another great value find.

Last but not least, ELF blushes. I haven't tried all their colors but Pink Passion and Fuschia Fusion were my spring favs. At $3 each, you get great product with beautiful color. 

On to Highlighters...

I have two drugstore brands that were my holy grails for most of the spring and summer... Wet n Wild and Physicians Formula.  I love, love, love the PF Sunset Strip/Bronzer. They say Bronzer...I say amazing highlight. Ideal highlight to give you that warm golden glow. It's versatile as well....colors are perfect to use as an all over eyeshadow. 

Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer.....Again, they say Bronzer, I say amazing highlight. WNW bronzers are matte and contain SPF 15. They're packaged in a large pan so you get a MAJOR amount of product. The product applies smoothly on to your skin. The darker colors in this brand can be used for it's intended purpose Bronzer. A fav drugstore product among many YouTubers and beauty bloggers including yours truly

Stay tuned for Part 2 which will include my favorite drugstore lippies, liners and setting powders. 

Until next time... Happy Shopping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment