Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Two Cents Holiday Edition - Lorac Rockin Red Hot 3D Liquid Lustre Set

Hello Beauty Royalty!!!

It's been a little while since I've done one but here it is.....another installment of My Two Cents Review!!!  Today, I'm reviewing one of the holiday sets released from Lorac Cosmetics.  Some of you may be familiar with this brand.  For those of you that aren't, here's a little 411:

Lorac Cosmetics was created by Carol Shaw. Carol paved her way in the hair and fashion industries with high profile clientele.  It's then when Carol decided to branch out and create her own cosmetic line.  Her products feature some of the most top quality cosmetics in the industry today.  More recently notably for the last set of released palettes this year:  Lorac PRO To Go, PRO To Go Eye/Cheek Palette, etc. etc.  The list goes on and on.  

As part of Lorac's Rockin' Red Hot Holiday collection, they released the 3D Liquid Lustre Set.





The set includes 3 limited edition and 1 permanent color. They are as follows (in order of swatches from left to right): Diamond (white gold - the only one in this set that's part of the permanent product line), Amethyst (taupe), Platinum (silver) and Topaz (warm bronze).


Here are what the color swatches look like on my fingertips with (indirect and then direct sunlight).



This set retails for $28.00. The liquid lustre's a very versatile in that you can glam up any look by pairing with your favorite lipstick, eyeshadow or blush.  As well, the pigmentation is so good that you wear any of these lustres by themselves. When applied, you only need to use a VERY SMALL amount (I'd suggest 1 droplet).  I just dabbed a little on the back of my hand, then applied to the center of my lids.  I went back and forth to build up the product to my liking.  However,  I never had to retrieve more product from the bottle. 

These dry and set after a minute.  I had no issue with this product smudging once dry.  As well, it didn't feel heavy on my lids (like I didn't add anything additional at all).

Final Thoughts....For $28, this is a great bargain.  These lustre's will literally last you a very long time. Also, it's a nice PLAN B in the event you don't want to add glitter, etc. to spice up your look. This product is available for purchase at Lorac Cosmetics or Ulta stores. A great gift idea for any other beauty enthusiasts you know.

Stay in the know by following me here, on Twitter or Pinterest @AngBeauty411.  COMING SOON....Gift Ideas for the Beauty Divas in Your Life.  Until next time...Happy Shopping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment