Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Birchbox

It's me again!!!  Just received my December Birchbox in the mail today.  Couldn't wait to share this months goodies with my gems. So without further delay on to the unboxing....

First off let me say just how cute the mailing package is.  I love how everything is so festive with bright, beautiful colors.


They also have the cute box writing (that might lead me to believe the contents may be more of a glamorous/festive theme).

Here's a picture of the box contents before I start digging in.


The first item is The Honest Company Organic Healing Balm. This is a formulated moisturizer for sensitive skin. 


The description on the product says "Soothe, nurture & protect sensitive skin". My thought is maybe this is a high-end, organic moisturizer (a step up from the Curel and Aveeno drugstore products, etc.). I tried this out and the consistency is similar to light petroleum jelly (maybe a watered down version of Vaseline).  Automatically, I assumed this would leave a greasy feel on my hands.  Surprisingly, it didn't.

The smell is not bad BUT not great either.  The scent reminds me of the "      moisturizer" from the November Birchbox. I used a small amount and it seemed to moisturize my hands pretty well.

Next is the Number 4 Non Aerosol Hairspray 


This products claim "Earth friendly, botanical-rich spray that gives you flexible hold".  Included in my box was the sample 1 fl oz. size; full-size retails for $30.  For that kind of $$$, I really want to see if it truly does what it says. This would be a great product to test out during the warmer months.

Also included was the Manna Kader Cosmetics Sheer Glo lotion in Birchbox Love - A little confused on this lotion as it's supposed to be usable for face and body???  


My confusion comes from looking at the consistency of this product. The texture reminds me a little of the Benefit High Beam.  Not sure how I feel about this........ehhh but we'll see.

A Sample of the Harvey Prince fragrance in Hello was included. 



The fragrance is a very fresh, clean scent.  Described as more of a citrus blend of grapefruit, lemon, etc..  Would possibly make a good spring/summer scent.

Lastly included in this month's box was a Twistband printed hair tie. These are the new (one of a few) hair tie alternatives.  The band is very flexible, enough to secure even the thickest bundle of hair.

Those were the products included in this month's box. Almost forgot....the following was also in the box the Birchbox Digimate.  Not exactly sure how it works.  The instructions just say stick it on your phone, clean your screen, restick and reuse??? WHAT???? I haven't tried it yet but really don't get the purpose of it.  Is it almost supposed to be the bumper sticker version for your smart phone or what??? I'll have to log on to the Birchbox site and see.  The card also advertises the potential 20% off your next order if you download the new iPhone app (code delivered after successful download).

Was really hoping for more considering the nice packaging of the shipping boxes.  Just not really "wowed" with anything this time.  Oh well, we'll see what next month's box has to offer.  Have you received your Birchbox yet?? If so, share what you got and compare notes with me.  I'd love to hear your feedback if you've tried out anything yet.  Just let me know by commenting below.

Until next time gems......Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment