Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Two Cents - Lorac After Glo Eyeshadow Palette

Hey Beauty Gems!!!

I'm cranking out the reviews for you as fast as I can.  I've been doing alot of shopping/browsing of all the new products for spring/summer season.  As well, I've been taking advantage of some major deals.

As you saw from my Instagram pic a few weeks back, I picked up one of the new Lorac palettes.  The Lorac afterGlo palette was just released about a month or so ago.  I came across this while shopping during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Steals.  After only a few uses so far, I just can't get enough.

After the release of their Pro and Pro-To-Go palettes, it's been one great palette after the other. However, the afterGlo palette is a little more unique in comparison to those.  Let's get down to business and learn more about the afterGlo shall we....


If you're looking for a small, travel friendly palette with a bright/neutral mix colors, this is one you have to try.
The afterGlo eyeshadow palette contains 10 assorted matte and satin finish shades.  Below are some swatches from the palette (starting from left to right):




Lastly are the larger sized shadows (shown below). Please take my word for it when I say these colors are amazing.  The first color is more of a neutral vanilla.  I'd primarily use this as an all over base or brow bone color. The next one is more of a neutral peach tone. This shadow is more versatile in that you could use it as an all over, lid, brow bone or crease/transition color.  Perfect for those who want a little color without going overboard.  Also any skin tone can wear this color.  Both colors have a satin finish and no fallout. 




The colors have great pigmentation (some of the mattes aren't as pigmented but easily buildable), apply and blend beautifully on the eye and are long wearing.  Below is a look I created using only the shadows from this palette (excuse me and my red allergy eyes):



Overall, this palette is a must have.  It's versatile (ideal for all skin tones and can be used to create various day/night looks), buttery smooth, easily blends and affordable.  The greatest part is that this palette retails for only...(drum roll please) $24!!!!  Yes that wasn't a typo, only $24. In my opinion, one of the best deals for a high-end palette I've seen this season.  

This particular palette is only available at Ulta stores and online at Ulta. Lorac did release a 2nd afterGlo palette.  However, the colors are a little different and the casing is gold.  The other palette can only be purchased through the Lorac website. My suggestion would be to check out the palette there first and see which one or if both suit your needs.

The ONLY downside to this palette....no color names/labels. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind doing this (maybe just for limited edition purposes).  We shall see. That's concludes this edition of My Two Cents.  Be on the look out for more reviews and updates on upcoming releases and beauty specials. Stay in the know with the latest and greatest via Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest @AngBeauty411.  

Enjoy the rest of your day gems and as always....happy shopping!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment