Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Monthly Must Haves - May

Hey Beauty Gems -

AngBeauty411 here to bring you the 411 on all things beauty.  May has ended (really it has).  Time is flying. Just a few months ago, I remember complaining about still seeing snow.  So very very thankful that ordeal is over.  This is my first monthly must haves post.  I know most people do monthly favorites.  This is just my little play on words.  Still giving you my list of go-to's for the month of May. So let's get started.


My makeup routine wouldn't be complete with my BH Cosmetics 10 Color Camouflage and Concealer Palette.  Whether it's concealing dark spots or getting precise brows, this palette is a must. This product is an inexpensive alternative for a high-end concealer palette. This product does the trick for general day-to-day fixes.  Why stop there...you can also use other colors in the palette to contour.  The only place I wouldn't use this is for an under eye concealer (product does tend to sink into fine lines).  For only $14.95, how can you go wrong.



Lancome CILS Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base -  I absolutely LOVE this stuff. If you're looking for a product to prep your lashes and turn them from drab to fab, this is for you. I got this during my last trip to Sephora as a sample and haven't looked back since. This mascara base gives my lashes length and volume so mascara acts as the icing on the cake. I have no lashes and wear false lashes daily.  I look for a product that can give my lower lashes that "umph" to pair with my falsies.  Thankfully I didn't have to look far.  The formula is smooth and easy to apply (no clumps).  A little goes a long way.  This product is and will remain apart of my daily makeup routine. You can purchase this product from Sephora which retails for $29. Pricey but very well worth the investment.


Kat Von D Lock 'N Load Makeup Setting Mist - Going to the store within the next week to purchase my third bottle.  If that doesn't tell how much I love this product, I don't know what will.  I discovered this gem about a year ago.  A lovely Sephora associate recommended this to me.  Keep the perfected look of a fresh made face with a just a few sprays. My makeup stays flawless for at least 5 hrs with no touch-up required.  I'll admit outside of E.L.F., Urban Decay and KVD; I haven't tried too many other setting sprays. What can I say.....I love what I love.  So while I'll continue to try other products, this will forever be a holy grail. A little pricey for $24 but great results are always received.


Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater - Talk about a breath of fresh spray!!  I initially purchased this during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Steals event.  By far, this was one of the best investments I made.  For only $7.00, you get a rose water spray infused with aloe and other herbs. The claim is that you can use this at a setting spray or a refresher throughout the day.  I primarily use this to refresh my face (specifically when my pores try to come out and play).  This product is great and also ideal for year round use. Since the weather has warmed up, I find myself using this more and more. A great product for a great value.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - So another purchase that is a new holy grail.  I've tried a few different brow waxes, pencils, etc. etc.  This has been one of my absolute favorites.  I brought this product a few months back and use it daily.  It's great for achieving that flawless precision for your brows.  As well, this product couples well with the Anastasia Brow Wiz, Milani Brow Wax pencil and other products.  A little goes a long way so for $18, this product will have alot of longevity in your collection.


IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Anti-Aging Collagen Veil Primer - The scent has me hooked on this product. A great primer that provides you with anti-aging vitamins.  Your skin will thank you for this.  A hefty $48 price tag will inevitably demand great results.  For me thus far, it delivers.



Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 - I'm a lip product enthusiast.  With that said, I am always looking for the latest and greatest product for my lippies.  My lips are notorious for being chaffed and chapped.  While drugstore products work well for me, sometimes mama needs a little extra boost.  When I came across this, I was hooked.  Yes, it's a pricey lip balm ($7.50).  However, it does it's job and more. When my lips are in disarray, a little bit of JB Lip Balm will tame the chaos.  I can instantly rid myself of chapped, cracked lips.  As well, I protect the sensitive skin with the SPF 25.  What more could you ask for???

Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette - Don't want to go into too much detail on this (still working on my blog post) but it's AMAZING!!  I was a little hesitant as to whether or not I would have much use for this palette.  HONEY...please believe I have and will continue to have many uses for this.  I've created my go-to summer look with this palette (I wear it at least 1-3 times per week).  KVD colors are just everything. You truly can't beat them.


Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette - Another amazing palette I picked up a few weeks ago.  The pigments are just unbelievable.  Who knew that pigments could be done so well.  They blend amazingly and are versatile enough to create endless look with.  I'm still brainstorming on more looks I can create with this palette.  I've loved UD products since way back and continue to see how they've grown and do amazing things.  Don't let the colors fool you.  You can create subtle to bold looks with this palette.  Certain colors you can even transition into other seasons.  A must have!!!



Physicians Formula Sexy Booster! Oh La La Sexy Eyes Trio - You heard me rave about this product on the previous "What I'm Loving" post. Still today, I'm raving again.  Specifically, I've been using the kohl pencil to tightline; liquid liner for winged eye. Although this is not my absolute favorite product, it's convenient for me.  I can use this when I initially apply my makeup.  As well, I can take this on the go when traveling or those days when I'm rushing out the door. If you want to check out my 'What I'm Loving" blog on this product click here .

I still can't believe it's June already.  Well another month, more products to know and love.

As always, stay tuned for the latest and greatest via Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram @AngBeauty411.  Until next time......happy shopping!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment