Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ang's Fav Spring/Summer Lipsticks for 2014 - Drugstore Edition (Part II)

Hola Beauty Gems!

As promised, I'm delivering part II of my fav spring/summer lippies from the drugstore. Narrowing down the options has been really hard.  Everytime I thought I was good with the choices, I just changed my mind all over again. Just tonight I brought some more and found new loves...ughhh.  At some point, just have to cut things off (the list that is not my beauty obsessions with more lipsticks).  Anyway on to the next set of favorites.

All of the following lipsticks are from the Maybelline Color Sensational line.  Since I discovered Maybelline Color Sensational (CS) a few years back, I've been hooked.  Maybelline hit a home run with this line of lipsticks.  I'm so very happy for the success and that they've continued to add more color options.  You really can't beat the quality and price of these lipsticks.  So here's what I love:



Let's begin with my everyday go-to and absolute favorite Magnificent Mauve (430). By far, for me one of the best colors from the Maybelline CS line.

This beautiful mauve is so versatile and can go very well with pretty much all skin tones.  It's a cool tone color but not too extreme that lighter skin tones can't easily wear this.  I've had days where I've thrown this on in the car with no lip liner and been good for hours.  Pair this with a lip liner and the color is in for the long haul.  Even better, absolutely a color you can wear year round. Ahhh...I just can't say enough.

Next is Fuchsia Fever (140); the bright beauty of the bunch. Don't be shy strutting your stuff in this lipstick. Talk about a statement maker!!  This color is not AS versatile as the previous one.  While most skin tones can wear the color, the blue undertone can make need for very fair or dark skin tones to tone this down by pairing with another lipstick and/or lip liner.  Otherwise, it's amazing. As well, this color is primarily ideal for spring/summer season.  Go ahead and show off your inner "Barbie" in this showstopper.
My next top lipstick is Mauve It Up (440). Another selection from the Plums CS collection. Another mauve just with a sheen finish.  A great alternative I gravitate to when I want a more noticeable finish without gloss. An absolute 365 day option that's GORGEOUS!!!

Now let's get into Party Pink (155).  Party Pink is one of those shades that can appear lighter or darker from day to night. For daytime, it's a beautiful mauvy pink that pairs well with a subdued daytime or beauty queen extreme eye look. There's no liner needed with this pink jewel of color.  

Moving right along to Brazen Berry (905).  Form the CS Brights collection.....it's purple power!!  I purchased this color last August.  The first thing I said to myself was "a signature color that I'll have and love for a very long time".  Brazen Berry has summer written all over it.  My lip swatch looks totally different then the swatch from my arm (that's the most accurate one).  While this color isn't necessarily bright, it's still very bold.  You can tone it down with a lighter application but not by much.


We're down to the final 2 which are from the Maybelline Color Elixir collection.  These were the first 2 I purchased when the collection was released. First we have Vision in Violet (040).  I just can't get enough of the purple/plum colors.  This elixir goes on smooth and evenly leaving excellent coverage with a single application. Less is more in this case.....it packs an immediate punch.  The packaging is very sleek, compact and easy to travel with.  I love it!!!

So we're ending our drugstore series of lippies with Raspberry Rhapsody (030). Such a sweet berry beauty.  I like this for the bright, glossy finish.  As well, it's just enough color without being too much.  I wear this when I want a statement color without being overpowering. 


Well gems that wraps up my fav spring/summer lipstick drugstore series.  Thank you thank you for taking the time to stop by and tune in for my 411.  It's greatly appreciated for every minute you take time to read my posts.  It's greatly appreciated.

I'll be posting a shorter high-end series within the next few days.  Trying to get a few days worth of blogs done so you gems will have a daily dose while I'm on vacation!!!  With that said, make sure you stay in the know with the latest beauty dish by following me via Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest @AngBeauty411.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and as always....happy shopping gems!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment