Tuesday, August 19, 2014

HIS Two Cents (My Two Cents Man Edition): Dollar Shave Monthly Subscription

Hello Beauty Gems!!  Welcome to a special edition of HIS Two Cents (AKA My Two Cents). Over the last 10 months, all of my posts relate to beauty products. Specifically, alot of topics I choose are catered to an audience of skincare, haircare and makeup lovers. In the interest of doing something different, I consulted my boyfriend.  He and I both were complaining about the cost of razors.  They're very expensive and not a alot of cheaper alternatives available...until now.  Back in June, I decided to register for the Dollar Shave Club.

This was a present I gave some men in my life as father's day gifts.  I wanted to share with my beauty gems the 411 on this subscription service.  Dollar Shave Club is a monthly subscription service that allows you to purchase disposable razors.  Each month, you receive 4 disposable blades.  Upon initial registration, you select one of the following handle options:

 

Humble Twin 

The basic shaver.  Each cartridge contains 2 stainless steel blades. You'll receive 5 disposable cartridges per month for just $1.



The 4X

An added kick to your shaving needs. Each cartridge contains stainless steel blades.  Each month, you'll receive 4 cartridges for only $6.



The Executive

The Creme de la Creme.  There are 6 stainless steel blades per cartridge.  You'll get 4 cartridges per month for only $9.

Each is designed to cater to diverse shaving needs. Overall, my boyfriend loves the quality of the blades. Compared to other leading brands, he gets almost just as many shaves to each cartridge. I can feel the smooth, close shave he gets after each use. It's so similar to the other expensive razors that I really can't tell the difference.

This is one subscription that your brother, friend, husband or special someone will truly appreciate.

For more information on this subscription service, visit the Dollar Shave Club website.

That's my (our) two cents for now. Have any of you tried gems tried out this or any other shave subscription service? If so, share your 411 below.

Until next time.....happy shopping!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment