Monday, July 21, 2014

My Two Cents - NEW L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints

Hey Beauty Gems -

Monday is here again.  I hope you all had an amazing weekend. To start off the week, let's get into another "My Two Cents" review.  Today's review is for the new L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints. These lip paints are hot off the press.  A few weeks ago, I ordered these and tested them out.  To my knowledge, they were just released a few months ago.


The lip paints are available in the following 6 colors (with swatches included below):

Hot Mess -  A muted orange but appears brighter when removing it from the tube.  I'm not a real fan of this color because it can appear streaky on the lips.  As well, it sinks into and brings greater attention to fine lines and any dry spots on the lips.



The color doesn't work well for my skin tone. I'll need to either pair this with another color or give it away to a friend.

Blushing - A featured item in a previous "What I'm Loving" post. This beautiful mauve color is out of this world. This is one of my favorites. The color is so universal (use for day/night) and just works well for me.




You can utilize this color with different eye looks (versatile enough to take center stage with neutral eye looks; a soft addition to a bold eye look).

Bombshell - When you looking to make a bold statement with your lips, this is a great option.  A gorgeous fuchsia that great for this time of year.



Pin-Up - Give em' GLAM with this gorgeous blue tone red. This red will be a great compliment to most skin tones. Go vampy by pairing Pin-Up w/deep red or wine color lip liner. You'll undoubtedly make a statement with this color.



Coy - A bright violet shade that will knock your socks off.  Think NYX Macaron Lipstick in Violet in a glossy finish. For those who want color but not too much, you can always tone this down with a dark lip liner or just a lighter application.



Coy is stunning and can easily be transitioned into the fall/winter seasons (w/ the addition of a lip liner).

Babydoll - A color I like to refer to as a "Barbie Pink".  In the same color family as Bombshell only less purple color tone. Pretty color just not for me.  As you can see from the picture below.  This color shows ever fine line, dry spot, etc.  May be a color that's suited for someone with less pigmented lips.  That may make a difference in how transparent wrinkles, etc. are.



What's Great About These....
  • Color pigmentation - Lip stains are known for their rich color.  So most of these are no exception. However, the only mediocre one of out bunch I think doesn't fair well is Hot Mess 
  • Texture - Talk about smoothness...Wow.  They remind you of a saturated, non-sticky lip gloss (full of color and glides on to your lips). 
  • Long Lasting  - After drinking and eating, the lip stains will leave you with a nice amount of color. So much so that it may take you a minute to remember to reapply
Things that are "Ehh" About These...
  • Applying too much product can turn into a real mess....you really must use these sparingly.  It's really easily to apply more and result in alot of build up. I highly recommend that these be applied with a lip brush.  
  • Formula might take come getting use to for some.....if you've tried the OCC Lip Tars these are very reminiscent of them.  The same peppermint scent and product texture will be very familiar. Although this product is glossy and not matte...be sure to moisturize those lippies prior to applying.  I personally have an issue with my lips drying out very easily.  While I didn't have an issue with most of the colors, I did find that keeping my lips moisturized help with that "peeling/dryness" peppermint infused products can sometimes give to some people
Overall, I recommend trying these ASAP.  For the price, they are very affordable and a great product.  A tiny drop of product will give you medium to full coverage. You can purchase the L.A. Girl Lip Stains from the L.A. Girl website, ikatehouse and other local stores where L.A.Girl products are sold.

Have any of you gems tried out these lip stains? Tell me your 411.  Were they a hit for you?  Any standout colors that you loved or hated??

Take care my beautiful gems and as always....happy shopping!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment